STARTINGMost of our dealers will have the machine prepared for your immediate use in the garden. If this is not the case, the machine is sold with an operation manual. You will find a chapter on the assembly and the starting. Please follow it rigorously to start in the best conditions. IMPORTANT: once the machine is assembled, proceed to the oiling of the engine: oil type and quantity are specified in the manual. The handlebar: Fix it at the correct height for a comfortable and optimized use. Make sure the handlebar fixing lever is well screwed. After these steps, you can fill the fuel tank and start the machine.
SIMPLE ACTIONS TO ENSURE THE LIFETIME OF YOUR MACHINE
A regular and systematic maintenance after each use of your brushcutter will not take much time and will ensure comfort and security for the next use. For more complex interventions, such as engine or knives maintenance, do not hesitate to contact a professional.Cleaning: For better security conditions,
- Wait for the exhaust pipe to cool, close the fuel valve then disconnect the spark plug.
- Clean the cutting cover. Wear heavy gloves, and use a wood or a plastic tool. Remove all the dirt sticking to the cover then flush it with water if needed. Do not use high pressure washer.
- In order to have easier access to this area of the machine, you can have it tilted backward with the handles on the floor or inclined on the side, with the exhaust pipe down and the carburetor/air filter up.
- Clean the volute of the starter every 4 hours, with a brush or compressed air.
- Remove the dust from the rest of the machine with a brush.
AIR FILTER MAINTENANCE (HEAT ENGINE SHREDDER)
A dirty air filter can cause a difficult starting, a loss of power, a bad functioning and an accelerated wear of the engine. The cleanliness of the air filter must always be guaranteed. Inspect the air filter condition after each use, clean it if needed or at least every 25 hours. Change the filtering element every 200 hours or if it shows some weaknesses.
Several types of air filters exist according to the engine:
Foam air filter : Remove the element and clean it with gasoline. Dry it in the sun. Saturate with engine oil, then press firmly to spread evenly the oil and remove the excess. Put it back into its place, respecting the fitting orientation.
Dual-element air filter : Remove the foam filter from the paper filter. Check both elements and replace them if they are damaged.To clean the paper filter, tap the filter on a hard surface many times to eliminate the dirt or blow compressed air (2Bars max) from the inside. Do not use a brush for this operation. To clean the foam element: see previous chapter. Clean the casing of the air filter. Put the filter and the cover back in place. For more explanations, see engine instruction manual or contact your dealer.
Wheels and its mechanisms are exposed and gets dirty with dust, brush, and mowing residues. It must be cleaned after each use. For pneumatic wheels, check the pressure and re-inflate if needed.
MAINTENANCE OF THE GRINDING BLADEThe blade ensures the cutting, it must be sharp to produce a quality job. It must be sharpened at least once a year. A cracked or blunt blade must be replaced. Check the blade tightening.
Level checking : it is important to check the engine oil level before each use. To do so, place the machine on even ground. The engine support must be horizontal. The oil cap is located on the front of the engine, it is also the level gauge. Unscrew the cap, take it out and wipe the gauge. The checking is done by putting the cap at its place without screwing. Read on the gauge the oil level, which must be between the low and high level, inside the hatched area. The level must always be correct. If not, add SAE 10W30 oil for 4-stroke engine.
Draining : The first draining must be done after 10 hours or 1 year, whichever comes first. Then we recommend every 50 hours or 3 years, whichever comes first. For this operation, you must make an appointment at your dealer’s or in a workshop specialized in mechanical garden [...]tools.
The machine has one or more cables, depending on the model. They operate the controls. Checking and adjustment are important for the best optimization of the levers action. There is an adjusting bolt on each cable.
Follow the checking and adjustment instructions indicated the manual or contact your dealer.
STORAGEOnce a year or if your machine is unused for a long time, it is necessary to follow the below instructions.Proceed to a complete cleaning of the machine, inspect the blade, sharpen it or replace it if needed.
- Proceed to a complete cleaning of the machine, inspect the blade, sharpen it or replace it if needed.
- Empty the fuel tank. Let the engine run until it runs out of fuel to drain the whole fuel system. In order to avoid any problem at starting due to the soiling of the carburetor by a deteriorated fuel, you can use a ready for use fuel, available in shops: this alkylated fuel contains less harmful products and avoids the scrubbing of the carburetor.
- Check that every nuts and screws are well tightened.
- Grease the swivel wheel axles at the front of the brushcutter.
- The machine must be stored in a dry and ventilated area.